Tips to Avoid Costly Vehicle Damage
Your car is important to you. It’s a significant financial investment that takes you where you need to be to provide for your family. It also transports you to spend quality time with family and friends. Most importantly, it protects you and those you love while on the road. Your vehicle is also representative of your style and pride of ownership. So how can you prevent damage to your vehicle and the people in it? Here are tips to avoid costly vehicle damage.
There are many ways for your vehicle to sustain damage beyond traditional vehicle accidents and just as many ways to help avoid those damages.
Avoid Rear-End Collisions
Rear-end collisions are one of the leading causes of automotive collisions. The following are some ways to prevent rear-ending another vehicle.
- Don’t text and drive.
- Avoid driving while sleepy.
- Maintain proper distance between your vehicle and the one in front of you.
- Avoid distracted driving.
Avoid Vehicle Break-Ins
The best way to avoid having your vehicle broken into is to reduce enticements to theft.
- While it’s best not to leave valuables in your vehicle, if you must leave them, make sure they are not visible.
- Well-lit parking spaces are much less prone to theft.
- Be aware of your surroundings while walking to your vehicle to protect your vehicle and yourself. Have your keys ready before entering the parking lot, and don’t walk alone in a dark parking lot.
Avoid Windshield Damage
No one wants to hear that distinctive ping that means something has hit your windshield. To help avoid windshield damage, follow these tips:
- Maintain a safe distance from other vehicles, particularly those hauling debris.
- It’s best not to leave your vehicle in extreme temperatures or expose it to large variations in temperature. A sunshade may help.
- Don’t travel on gravel roads when possible. Drive slowly when unavoidable.
- Parking near large trees or busy areas increases your probability of damage. Park in the open when you can.
Safe driving methods can help you avoid costly damage to your vehicle. However, life happens. If you are in an accident, Bailey Law Firm can help. Contact us.